Thursday 1 May 2014

Review | Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo

Hi Guys!
Today I'm sharing with you my strongly mixed feelings on this Lush product.

Information

Brand | Lush
Product | No Drought Dry Shampoo
Size | 115g
Price | £6.75
Would I re-purchase | Un-decided


So what our are ingredients, Cornflour, Magnesium Carbonate, Talc, Perfume, Grapefruit Oil, Lime Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.


So I bought this when I was going through my brief obsession with Lush. I wanted to try it out and see how it compared to the Batiste dry shampoo which is in aerosol form. To use you can either puff it straight on to the roots/grease affected areas or pop some on your hands and work through. I prefer this technique better as I have more control where I'm putting it. Although I do sometimes use the puff-straight-to-scalp technique too.


The powder is super light-weight and smells divine. Its so fresh and citrusy, and you can defiantly smell the grapefruit oil. Although I find that the scent does not translate into the hair, if that makes sense. So once applied I can't smell the scent that I like so much.


When I first started using this, I could not get on with it, I felt annoyed and frustrated by it. After bouncing back and forth between this and my aerosol dry shampoo, I eventually started to like it more. 
In my opinion it works best on second day hair. I put some in my hands, rub it through where I need it, leave it be for a few minutes then brush out. It does leave a white/grey cast but once worked through it blends in well and you can't tell its there.
For the price you get a LOT of product. I've had this for months and I haven't even used a quarter of the tub yet.
On third or fourth day hair I don't think it works as well as I would like. I find that I have to use loads for it to look even a little bit better. One of the BIGGEST down sides to this, is how crazy messy it is to use! I have to use it in my bathroom over the sink or bathtub because this stuff gets freaking everywhere! It was all in my shoes all over my side table...all over my face.
All in all I think its an ok product. I don't love it. I go through phases of liking it and hating it. I think I even said it was total rubbish at one point! 

This is the results when used on 3rd day hair. My hair is pretty oily and after use it does look better, but I can really feel the product in my hair which I don't love! It feels sticky and thick and still oily. I've taken to shampooing my fringe everyday over the sink and just dry shampooing the top/sides/back.

I've just recently switched back to an aerosol dry shampoo for a little while, this one is a Vo5 one. So we shall see how that turns out!

I hope you've found this helpful. Let me know if you've tried this out before and what your opinions are and whether it works better for you!

Have a great day!

Jen x








No comments:

Post a Comment