Wednesday 29 October 2014

Review | Revlon ColorStay Foundation

Finding a great foundation can be a tricky task, there are so many to choose from, with different formulations, different finishes and colours, but when you've found your perfect one, hallelujah! Everything else seems easy!

Today I'm sharing my thoughts on what has been my favourite foundation to date, and I've used a LOT of different ones!


Information

Brand | Revlon
Product | Colorstay Foundation for combination/oily skin 24hour wear
Colour | 180 Sand Beige & 110 Ivory
Size | 30ml
Price | £12.49
Purchased from | Boots
Made in | ?
Would I re-purchase | Yes!

I ended up with two bottles of this foundation as number 1: I did my usual trick of 'lets buy the lightest shade due to possible oxidisation of product on my face' and number 2: my mum said it looked fine. It didn't I looked like a ghost.
Turns out that Revlon's Colorstay foundation does as it states, the colour stays the same! So first bonus for this is that there was no oxidisation which subsequently means your foundation changes colours on your face as the day goes on! So that is the story of how I ended up with two vastly different shades of the same foundation. Now on to the review...


Lets take a quick look at the packaging. The foundation comes in a 30ml glass bottle with a plastic screw cap and no pump. Which ultimately makes getting the foundation out of the bottle a fun little task every morning, especially when you reach the end of the bottle. I have ended up at times with more product on the back of my hand than originally intended and end up having the choice of apply it all to my face or the more appealing option of wiping it off, which is a waste. But at the end of the day, the lack of a pump is the only bad thing I have to say about this product.


This foundation comes in two different formulas, one for normal/dry skin and one for combination/oily skin. I own the latter. The foundation its self is very thick, and at first I was very unsure of it as I tend to opt for thinner formulations, but once applied and blended in it doesn't feel thick or cakey at all.
It blends like a dream and covers very very well, so only a little concealer for very mean, angry face monsters (aka spots) is needed.
The product boasts 'Longwearing coverage with Time Release Technology and a lightweight formula that won’t cake, fade, or rub off. Specifically made for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine. Your look stays flawless throughout the day.'

This foundation last really well on my face all day. It doesn't cake up if I apply more, or fade. However if I forget myself and rub my face, or have a little itch, the foundation does transfer onto my hands. But that for me is no real biggy. I get a good few hours of oil control from this but not all day. However all day oil control is a lot to ask of any product (although I am trialing one at the moment!) but it does well. An added bonus is this is SPF 15.





On to colour. This comes in a huge 13 shade range which is impressive for a 'drug store' brand. I own the lightest shade 110 Ivory and the third lightest, 180 Sand Beige. After the kafuffle of getting my shade right, the colour match is perfect. It doesn't look patchy or too dark or too light. Like I stated earlier, the colour stays the same throughout the day so you have no fear of applying it in the morning, looking perfect and then 3 hours later looking like you've been tango'd.
Everything about this foundation (except the no pump thing) is perfect. It matches well, doesn't hide your skin just enhances it, doesn't cake up and a little goes a long way! It is also the first foundation I have bought that I've actually (nearly) finished and would buy again.

All in all Revlon Colorstay from me gets an A*+++!





No comments:

Post a Comment