Thursday 19 June 2014

Heatless Hair Adventures | Straw Curls #1

For the longest time I have been obsessed with curly hair! I think its that grass is always greener thing as my hair is naturally straight. Recently I came across a YouTube hair guru called BEAUTYKLOVE who has the most stunning hair, and she does a lot of heat free hair tutorials which I have been watching and obsessing over, thus inspiring me to start a new series called Heatless Hair Adventures where I will try out her techniques on my own hair and share the results!

My first heat free attempt is with straws! There are a few techniques using straws that I want to give a go at this is the first one. This is the first time that I am doing this!







In the picture I had originaly sectioned my hair in two to work horizontally, but I later worked out that it
doesn't work well that way, its best to work in vertical sections from front to back.


I left my straws in for 4 and a half hours and the end result....


...just a little bit poodley.


Long lost relative mayhaps?

After taking out the straws some of my ends were a little knotty but I think that is to do with the way that I wrapped it around the straw. I added some argan oil to the ends to smooth everything out and I'm sure this will drop out a bit so won't be quite so poodlesque! The technique has worked very well and I'm excited to experiment more hopefully finding the right hair to straw wrap ratio and technique. 

If you give this a go let me know!

Have a great day!

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment