Thursday 14 August 2014

Review | Yes To Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturiser


I first heard about the Yes To range while watching a SLOABN (SecretLifeOfABioNerd) video on YouTube, and when I saw that Boots had started carrying some of the range I had to give it a try.

Information |

Brand | Yes To (tomatoes)
Product | Daily Balancing Moisturiser for Combination Skin
Size | 50ml / 1.7 fl oz
Price | £11.99
Purchased at | Boots
Made in | USA
Would I re-purchase | Yes, maybe


Yes To claim to be a brand with products that are as close to natural as the can get. This particular product has 97% of its ingredients listed as natural. Its key natural ingredients are Tomatoes and Watermelon.

Ingredients

Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Glycer in, Cetyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao Seed But ter, Glyceryl Laurate, Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Phenoxyethanol, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Aspalathus Linearis Extract*, Chomilla Recutita Flower Extract*, Solanum Lycopersicum Fruit Extract*, Maris Sal, Cucurbita Pepo Fruit Extract*, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract*, Alcohol, Citrullus Vulgaris Fruit Extract, Parfum, Coumarin, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linaolol.
*Certified Organic Ingredient 
Its also free from Parabens, Patroleum and SLS. 
Product Discription
"We know you juggle many aspects of life on a daily basis, hydrating and balancing your skin shouldn't be one of them.
Let us tend to your needs with Yes to Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturiser.
Rich in antioxidants and powerful sebum (acne-causing oil) absorbers, it both moisturises and balances, keeping your complexion carefree.
So, go on, give up the balancing act and try something more fun, like the trapeze"
Yes To also have a charitable foundation called the Yes To Seed Fund, that plants gardens for children. 


The moisturiser uses a pump mechanisum rather than a tube pump, make sense? So each time you pump a level rises up inside pushing the product out of the container, making it easy to get all of the product out with no wastage at the end.
So what to I think?!
I like it. I bought this on my Birthday back in June and have been using it every day since then, so I've had it for a little over 2 months and I have what I estimate to be about a week and a half to two weeks left of product.
I use this right after I wash my face morning and night, and smooth it in, then pat in any excess product. It has a very mild, clean, fresh and natural scent, which you just about pick up. The moisturiser its self is quite light but does have a thick consistency and does feel a little oily, but it absorbs into the skin easily enough and leaves a soft matte, but dewy look.  

My skin feels well moisturised and clean directly after use, and its a nice base for makeup. My skin has been pretty clear since using this, but currently as I right this I'm in the midst of bit of a break out, which I think has something to do with upping my water intake and all the toxins being flushed out of my system. Well I hope that's what is happening! (I do plan on writing about it soonish! So stay tuned if your interested!)
As for its daily balancing act, with skin as oily as mine, I think any product labeled as balancing or mattifying or what ever, is truly going to have bit of a hard time really sticking to its claims. It does do well for about an hour then Mr. Shiny starts to appear on my forehead and cheeks. Soon enough I'm Lady of the Oil Slick. So if you have oily skin don't expect not to get oily! I think any other skin type will be fine with this. Like I said its nice and light and nourishing.
Just to quickly clarify, I'm not blaming the moisturiser for my oil laden face, just nature! I also thing in part the other products I use afterwards i.e: my BB Creams or my foundation contribute to the overall oilyness of my face.
I think all in all, the Yes To Tomatoes moisturiser does a good job, and I would be willing to re-purchase it again.
I have the clearing facial mask in the Yes To Tomatoes range and the Yes To Grapefruit Dark Circle corrector as well in my arsenal of things to review!

Have a great day guys!
Jen x

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I've seen reviews of this product a couple of times recently, all saying that it is nice, but I haven't purchased it yet. Good to hear that you like it, too! I really ought to try it!
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a nice moisturiser worth a try! :D

      Delete
  2. Hello! I found you through Instagram, and I finally found you here through my laptop (the app won't let me) so I'm now able to follow!! Yay!
    I really like your posts and your blog in general! I love how you're so consistent with your posts and how you constantly keep your viewers updated with new/various content.

    I'm new to blogging and I just created a beauty blog about two weeks ago. I'd love it if you checked out my beauty blog and follow back if its worth. I take in any advice as well!
    Thanks so much!

    -Mary | wndr14lnds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you so much that's really made my day! Of course I would be happy to follow your blog :D I've found that blogging can be such a journey, the way you post changes through time and its always good to get inspiration from other to help :D

      Delete