Tuesday 25 November 2014

Review | Chill* Shampoo and Conditioner


I picked these two up from my favourite place to find cheap random buys, Discount UK, for all of 99p. The bright colour attracted me plus I'm an immense hair care whore. There were several different shampoo's but I picked up the Deep Cleansing Shampoo, Clean Ed and the Reconstructing Conditioner, Repair Ed.

As a brand I hadn't actually heard of I did some googling and found their WEBSITE. I think the products I found may be discontinued as they were not listed on the website. Although I did come across them on Amazon, the shampoo for £7.99 and conditioner for £7.95.

 Chill* seems to focus most of its products on colourful dyes, Ed Stain (I think Ed is a synonym for head, the clever watsits!) as well as styling products.



Shampoo Ingredients |

Water (aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coccamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sargassum Filipendula extract, Hypnea Musciformis extract, Gellidiela Acerosa extract, Hydroxypropyltrimonim Honey, Fragrance, PEG-18 Glyceryl oleate/cocoate, Styrene/scrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-4, Limonene, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchlorisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 10 (CI 47005).

" Clean*ed contains blends of surfactants to gently cleanse the hair."

"using this stuff: its simple, whack in the shampoo / get frothy /rinse and repeat until chilled. Clean*ed is a deep cleansing shampoo that removes all the nastiness built up in your barnet. So use it and stop that dirty feeling. Mmm..."

Conditioner Ingredients |

Water (aqua), Cetearyl Alcholo, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearalkonium Chlodride, Hydroxypropyltrimonim Honey, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantiol, Fragrnace, Benzophenone-4, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Orange 4 (CI 15510).

"Repair*ed contains a honey derivative with excellent moisture binding properties to penetrate the endo cuticle region and repair split ends"

"using this stuff: apply in a chilled way. Let the treatment work it's loveliness fir a few minutes then rinse the stuff through. Repair*ed is a deep reconditioning cream that will sort out your hair's nourishment needs. Use it when you want to give your hair a fix. The deeper the better."




The shampoo comes in a squeezey bottle with a pull top lid at 350ml. The scent is like a watery bubblegum with under notes of old soap, sounds delightful non?
The consistency of this stuff is unlike anything I have ever used, its so strange. Its like a weird jelly texture that when rubbed between the hands it sort of turns in to a slime. So not a fan.
It cleans the scalp/hair well leaving it feeling squeaky clean but not too stripped and dry.


The conditioner is a 100ml less at 250ml's, (why is that? conditioners are always smaller?!) with a screw top lid. The scent is bland and unappealing to me. I really dislike it. The consistency of this is much nicer, like you would expect a conditioner, nice and creamy. And it does help to leave the hair feeling nice and soft.

When used together they work well, my hair feels clean and is fluffy and soft but with an unappealing soapy/detergent scent, which really turns me off of these products. 
I wouldn't buy them again purely because I don't like the jelly like shampoo and the blah scents, I like my hair to either smell fruity/floraly/fresh or of nothing at all, soap scent just ain't my thang y'all. But I do like the packaging! I think its young and fresh, and as I only paid bargain basement prices of 99p each I don't feel like I've wasted my money.

Have you ever tried any Chill* products? What ya think?

Jeni x



No comments:

Post a Comment