Friday 5 December 2014

Review | La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo


Information

Brand | La Roche-Posay
Product | Effaclar Duo [+]
Size | 40ml
Price | £15.50
Purchased from | Boots
Made in | France
Would I repurchase | No

If you read my review of the LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR A.I the you probably know that when I originally bought that product I had actually wanted to buy this one. So about 3 months ago I was feeling flush and finally decided to buy this a give it a try.

Ingredients |

 AQUA / WATER, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, ISOCETYL STEARATE, NIACINAMIDE, ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE, SILICA, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, ZINC PCA, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, ISOHEXADECANE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, NYLON-12, POLOXAMER 338, LINOLEIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, XANTHAN GUM, POLYSORBATE 80, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, SALICYLIC ACID, PIROCTONE OLAMINE, PARFUM


Like the Effaclar A.I targeted spot treatment it has a very light fragrance and a gel like consistency. I use this as my second step in my skin care regime after I use my witch hazel. It smooths in to the skin really nicely and leaves the skin looking nice and matte and clear. I follow with a moisturiser in the morning and at night a 'miracle oil' (review to come!) 
To be honest since using this I haven't noticed a massive difference. In the first week I did, mainly I think because I wanted to see results. I felt as though my chin was clearer, I have these under the skin spots that aren't really visible unless you stick your tongue in the area around your lower lip and push the bottom lip out, that sounds really gross and wrong I do appologise but I'm sure you probably know what I mean.
And after the first week I felt that these had got much better and had reduced.
But throughout my use they are still present, although marginally better. I had also hoped that as this is an unclogging product, my black heads would be reduced also, but alas I genuinely think that no product can fully remove them. So there was no difference there.
As well as an unclogging product, the Effaclar Duo is meant to help with reducing marks left from bigger face beasties. My skin has been immensely better of late so I've only suffered with a few bigger pimples but this didn't seem to help in speeding up the healing process of those marks.
I have used this product every day, morning and night for the last 3 months and I am now down to the last spattering of product so I think I have a solid opinion of it. And I have to say I am sadly disapointed in it. I absoloutly love the Effaclar A.I formular, but this doesn't hit the mark for me and for the price I won't be re-purchasing it. I'm glad that I tried it out and sad that it didn't work as well as I had hoped but atleast my purse will be happy I won't be shelling out £15 for a new tube.

Jeni x

No comments:

Post a Comment