Sunday 12 May 2013

Fixing Over Plucked Eyebrows

Today I'm going to be talking about fixing sparse, over plucked or gappy eyebrows.

Eyebrow's are one of the most important things on your face. They frame your features and can define the way you look.

Ever seen people with little or no eyebrows? Its scary!

Sure you can fill in and thicken up your brows with brow powders, I do, but its also nice to have a good base of brow down to start with.

A little while ago I noticed I had a small gap in one of my eyebrows. How it got there is a mystery. I only ever pluck from the bottom and this little beast was hanging around at the top. So I left it for a month or so thinking the hairs would come back..but they didn't, cue sad face :(

[Such a bad photo! Sorry!]

I'd heard that castor oil was good for promoting hair growth and had recently bought some from a local beauty supply shop, to help gown out my hair and I wondered whether this would work for eyebrows too. Doing some googleing I came across a few pages that said that it would work so why not give it ago ?! 

So on 15th April I started my little experiment.

Before bed I have been dipping my finger in the oil and rubbing it gently over both eyebrow's and my lashes as a conditioner. I have done this every night now for nearly a month and have seen promising results :)

Hairs started sprouting about a week and a half in and to date the gap is pretty much gone :) 

TA-DAH! No more gappage! 

I've avoided plucking my brows since the start of my experiment so they are a wee bit messy but at least they are looking fuller! It has also worked well in conditioning my lashes. They look a bit fuller especialy with mascara on.

I'm working on getting my mum to give it ago, as a kid her sister plucked all her eyebrows out and needless to say they haven't grown back very well at all! So if I can get her to do this I'l upload some photo's but there's no promise!

I got my castor oil from a local beauty shop for £2.99, but you can also buy online from ebay or amazon just search for castor oil, or also Holland & Barrett, for about £10.
Reviews say that using cold pressed castor oil is best as all the nutrients are left intact. I'm not sure if mine is as it doesn't say so on the bottle! 


I'm not saying that castor oil will work for everyone but its worth a shot! Its cheap and worth giving a go if you have plans on trying Rapidlash or Rapidbrow which retails at about £28-£41 at boots which is meant to do the same - condition lashes and re-grow eyebrows.

Below I have added a few links about castor oil for hair growth so give those a little check out for ideas. 
Also make sure you are not allergic to the oil, it is a natural oil, but better to be safe than sorry. Oh and one more thing, castor oil is very thick and sticky so be careful not to get it on your clothes.








Thanks for checking this out!
Hope it works for you too!

Jeni x

1 comment:

  1. ><; Your before and after pics are my only comfort right now. Wow. I've used castor oil on my hair and eyelashes before, but I couldn't really see any difference then. I guess trying it on my eyebrows can't hurt though. Thanks for this post :))

    ReplyDelete