Wednesday 15 April 2015

Review | Brow This Way Styling Gel


I never used to care about my eyebrows, and thus left them alone, naked for years. A few years ago I discovered that most women actually filled in there brows and how much it could change and finish your look. And since then I have been on a quest to find eyebrow products that work well for me. I never know what shade to use and sometimes its helpful to have a variety anyway. So a few months back there was a 3 for 2 offer on at Superdrug and I decided to pick all 3 of these up!

Information | 

Brand | Rimmel London
Product | Brow This Way Styling Gel
Colour | Blonde, Mid Brown & Dark Brown
Price | £3.99 each
Purchased From | Superdrug
Made in |
Would I re-purchase | yes

Ingredients |

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, AQUA/WATER/EAU, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, TRIBEHENIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALCOHOL DENAT., PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, GLYCERIN,DISODIUM DECETH-5 SULFOSUCCINATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, LAURETH-30, SODIUM PCA, UREA, LAURETH-4, HEXYL CINNAMAL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, LIMONENE, TREHALOSE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL,POLYQUATERNIUM-51, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, BHT, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TRIACETIN, SODIUMHYALURONATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/ Peut Contenir/+/-: IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]



The gel like most eyebrow gels comes in a little tube with a spoolie applicator. They are very easy to use and are very light weight. You can wear them alone or over another brow product as a form of setting gel. When I'm in a rush I have used them on their own and they do offer just enough colour for you not to look naked face.

My most used shades are the Blonde and Mid Brown. I find that the Dark Brown is too dark for me but can really aid in adding drama to a dramatic look. Also I have found with the 2 darker shades a light hand is needed in application, otherwise you end up with too much excess product on your eyebrows. These are simply to coat the hairs but using too much of a heavy hand gets it all over the skin.

 I have very sparse dark blonde brows that are very hard to match






You can see what I was talking about with the tail of my eyebrow the product getting on to the skin if your not light enough

The product boasts being smudge proof, fade proof, and keeping your brows fixed all day which surprisingly I would have to agree on all three things!
Over all I think these are very good gels and the pigmentation I'm really happy with. Out of the 3 colours I would go back and pick up the Blonde shade, but I'm so glad I've tried all 3! I find this shade works best for me as it just adds a nice finish to my brows.
If you have any brow product suggestions I would love to know! 

Jeni xo

No comments:

Post a Comment